Bolshoi’s “Swan Lake” – Svetlana Zakharova, Denis Rodkin, Artemy Belyakov.
Bolshoi’s “Sleeping Beauty” – Svetlana Zakharova, David Hallber, Maria Allash.
The Mariinsky Theatre has prepared a unique programme to mark World Theatre Day. Each day from 26 to 29 March mariinsky.tv will be broadcasting dazzling performances and glittering gala concerts: the grand opening of the Mariinsky-II featuring Anna Netrebko, Plácido Domingo, Diana Vishneva, Ulyana Lopatkina and many other stars, the oratorio Ivan the Terrible with Alexei Petrenko and the symphonic tale Peter and the Wolf with Konstantin Khabensky as the respective Narrators, a performance by Alexandre Kantorow accompanied by the Mariinsky Orchestra and Valery Gergiev and the ballet Konyok-Gorbunok (The Little Humpbacked Horse) with Alina Somova and Vladimir Shklyarov.
I’m putting together a list of online resources for ballet lovers. If you can think of any other links that should be on here, please let me know!
Ballet classes and exercises:
- Context Pro – Diana Vishneva’s ballet studio
- Pro Ballet – Ilya Kuznetsov’s and Sol Kim’s ballet studio
- Evgenia Obraztsova (Bolshoi)
- Maria Khoreva (Mariinsky)
- Tiler Peck (NYCB)
- Tamara Rojo (English National Ballet)
- Dutch National Opera and Ballet
Watch ballet at home
- Stay at Home with Russian Seasons – new online program
- Bolshoi Theatre (login / sign-up is required)
- Wiener Staatsoper
- Metropolitan Opera
- Berliner Philharmoniker (free offer expires March 31)
- Staatsoper Unter den Linden
- Bayerische Staatsoper